Sure there are some of us who are luckily extremely organized. In most cases though we have so much going on that it is hard to remember everything. Other times we get distracted before we get something completed. It’s not a bad thing by any means, it is life! We all have busy lives we live, there is always something that needs to be done. So when it comes to keeping things up at home when it comes to cleaning, a checklist to follow can make things easier.
A checklist will allow you to know where you left off, keep you on track and also help make sure you didn’t forget anything. When you finally make it to the end, you will feel great knowing you accomplished what you set out to do. Since you wrote it down you will know everything you wanted done got done. So here is a great basic checklist for cleaning your small living room.
Main suggestion and old common cleaning rule to remember clean from top to bottom. Since any dust will float and fall. Some things need to be done before getting there, but always keep that in mind.
- Pick up any items on floor that don’t belong there.
- Clean off tables, shelves, furniture and etc. of items that don’t belong.
- Once all items that don’t belong in room are removed, then on with the start of cleaning.
- Remove rugs, blankets, curtains and other items that can be washed or need to be hung and beat or dry cleaned if necessary. You can save time by having washable things in the process of washing and drying while doing other cleaning.
- Then proceed with your dusting or wipe down process. You can do one or do both depending on how deep of a clean you are looking to do. Always start from top of room and work your way down. Start with ceiling fans and lights, then move onto cabinets, window frames, door frames and etc. Then shelving, mantles, tables and all items stored on any shelving and tables.
- Next clean all glass surfaces and items using proper glass cleaning techniques.
- Empty garbage’s and shake out rugs.
- Vacuum of any upholstery that allows for it.
- Then vacuum floor.
- Spot clean upholstery or carpets at this time if you have the items to do so. Always test questionable fabrics first.
- Re-vacuum spot cleaned items to assured there is no residue is left behind.
- Once rugs, curtains and etc. are done they can all be returned back to their rightful spots.
- This is also a great time to remember to do a thorough tending to any plants you might have. Wiping leaves down, watering and etc.
This was just a simple basic list you could add more especially if looking to do spring/fall cleaning. Which is typically a deeper clean. You could even write each individual item down so you know you got everything. You can adjust to carpeting or no carpeting and etc. Cleaning frequency depends on your needs, more use means more frequent and less use means less frequent.
Thanks for reading my Small Living Room Cleaning Checklist. Now it's your turn. Share your ideas using the below comment box.